Saturday, January 3, 2009

Direction

Saturday night. I'm happily knitting away and watching a stupid movie, which I'm going to turn off shortly. DH is on the phone with son #1 talking toys - because what else to grown men do on a saturday night but discuss their gas powered little cars and how fast can you make them go if you up grade the motor? The stinking car is 15 inches long. son #1's frame is bent because he lost control of it and ran it into the tire of the truck. A real truck. big tires.

Son #2 and DD are on their way to a skating rink 40 minutes away. Looked at map quest but didn't bother to print the directions out. Now there is a receipie for disaster just waiting for it's time. Of course they call my cell phone which is in the room with DH talking on house phone with Son 1. Directions are asked. I say, well hold on, let me go turn my computer on and pull u mapquest so I can see where you are and where you need to be.

DH says to son #1 hold on. then says to me, give me the phone I know where they are going. So I hand him the phone and leave the room. Just how stupid am I? Don't ask. I then hear DH saying when the road ends you have to turn. and then turn right. No, I don't know the name of the streets just do it.

HA!

So go turn my computer on knowing what will come next. . . . . yep, Hey, come talk to the kids. They want you. Imagine.

Because during my days I have people calling me because they are lost, I have become the queen of directions. I even got son #1 and #2 unlost when the were in another state. Of course when I asked them where on the highway they were the answer was mile marker 73. Unfortunately I had to give a long lecture on how map quest doesn't care about no stinkin mile marker and I need a city/town/route or dirt road sign.

DH and son #2 are merrily on their way now, and haven't called for about 15 minutes, so I am presuming they are at their location. Son #1 and #2 got unlost out of state and ended up coming home.

night

No comments: