Saturday, January 17, 2009

This morning, I stood at my son's door and watched him sleep. He's 21 years old.

He came home for a long weekend Friday and it is the first time we've seen him since early August. Telephone calls just don't cut it. Sometimes you just have to see the flesh.

I did very well I think when I picked him up at the airport. I stood at the baggage claim area for almost 30 minutes. When he came through the tunnel, I didn't run to him, didn't scream, cry or waive my arms shouting. But I did walk up to him, stand on my tippy toes and hug him until he finally said "okay mom".

Today he spent visiting friends

DD and I spent the day looking for yarn. We are going on a knitting retreat in march and have to choose colors for our "big project". I learned the hard way a few years ago that picking colors on line don't cut it. Of course, I didn't find the color I really wanted but picked two possbilities. I'll swatch them and look at them for a few days. Then I'll need to decide if I want to pick the color I want but no store had, or go with black. Berroco Inca Gold, grey, deep pink (sorta) or garnet (which I want but can't find)


stay tuned

1 comment:

Sue said...

you are a stronger mom than me...I was like a hurricane thru the air port and would have leveled anyone that steped in my way....below is the link to the count down ticker you saw on my blog (countrycreatures)

http://www.springwidgets.com/