Saturday, November 8, 2008

Ugly

I found it a sad state of affairs the other day when I logged on to ravelry and the first thing that poped up was the rules and regulations. that part didn't bother me so much but I was curious and really read them. MAN, apparently there are a ton of just plain mean and rude people using ravelry these days.

I'm not a pollyanna, nor am I particularly nice all the time, however I have discovered the art and wisdom of being polite to strangers, accepting other people's opinions regardless of what I believe/think/feel . . . of course as long as what they do or say isn't a direct hit at me in which case I sometimes feel the need to stop them with a hey, very rude and hurtful ya know?

Buy hey, if the only way you can express yourself is to be mean, hateful, hurtful, nasty etc. they you really need to get another hobby. knitting, crafting and the like is for relaxation, friendship and warm clothes. even the snarky group I joined has standards and was always way more funny than I ever found offensive.

If you can't play nice, please go to someone elses sandbox, or go build your own

No comments: