Saturday, November 15, 2008

Rainy Day Miscellaneous

The day started out good. Got stuff done around the house, ran errands before the predicted afternoon thunderstorms came. Hung some pictures I'd been meaning to hang for over a year. laid down to read a book for a few minutes and that was it.

But I had a nice nap. Just made some loose leaf tea I got last month from a tea house in Fletcher NC. VERY nice place, a little pricy but the food was delicious, the tea was reasonable priced and kept coming, and the desert, well my muffin top is a bundt cake.

Even got some knitting in and hope to finish a sweater tonight. I got the sleeves sewn in last night and the sholder seams, even picked up a ton of stitched before retiring for the evening. It is a hoodie type sweater but I'm getting a bit tired of working on it, so I think I'll just make it a big collar sweater and call it a day. WHile I've been working on it, I though two buttons, one on each side of the front slit and then some I-cord for a closing would finish it off nicely. And of course, I just realized I'm going to have to increase the collar so it lays flat against my back.

well, at least I realized it's going to need some "refining" before finishing and then being pissed because I have to rip back.

No comments: