Tuesday, January 15, 2013

National Strawberry Ice Cream Day

This fact has nothing to do with anything but I needed a title.   So there.

TinkerSon2 started a new job yesterday.   He has had a perfectly good job for the past 5 years, but wasn't making any money.    I refrained from point out that years ago I suggest being a mechanic wasn't the route to take, but you can't tell your kids anythihng, you can only support and love them.   Both of which we did.  He is still a mechanic, but now he will be traveling from job to job, taking the route from a guy who is retiring as soon as TS2 is up to speed and gets to meet some of the clients.    The company gives each mechanic their own truck and gas card.    You don't get tools however until you pass the 30 day mark.    So they put him in a brand spankin new truck yesterday, with just 98 miles on it.   On the way home, he realized there is no safety inspection sticker on the window.   oops.   Next week they put him up in a hotel for 3 days while he gets some specialized training.   Yesterday he was at the main headquarters for some hands on "lets see what the kid knows" kind of training.   He said that the technicians told him a sledge hammer and a piece of long pipe will be his friends in this job.     If I didn't understand his job, I'd think he was suppose to be ready to rumble every day.

TinkerSon1 had his wisdom teeth finally pulled yesterday.    He has put this appointment off three times in the past two months.   But it HAD to be done by the end of next week so he finally sucked it up and went to his appointment.    His roommate called early afternoon to say the job was done, boy was fine, sleeping it off.   Silly thing, we all told him it wouldn't be bad because all those teeth were showing, and really were unnecessary and just needed out.    His brother told him it only took 10 minutes (because that is how long it took for his, but then he had two done at a time, not all 4)   His sister the hygenist said it is easy and you'll be fine.    I even offered to come stay with him for a few days, and I think if he wasn't worried about the backlash from the guys for having "mommy come" that he would have taken me up on that offer.  

TinkerDaughter moved home temporarily last night.   She has two roommates.   One just came down with what looks like the flu.   We are going with since the guy is rarely there, and the last time she actually saw him was last Tuesday, that she won't get it - I'm even more hopeful that she isn't carrying those germs here.    Every year, the news says worst flu season ever!    Do they forget that they said that the year before?   

I have stars on my chart.    Not a lot, because of course I didn't start this new reward system until last week, and I've tried to add a new task every week, so I'm up to two.  ha!    But this is how you start new habits and my first week I focused on remembering to take my vitamins every day.  

No comments: