Thursday, January 3, 2013


I know one thing for sure, months will turn into years and before I know it, five years will have gone by and I don’t want to look back and ask what happened.

Before I turned 50 I made plans.   I got my first physical since my last pregnancy (and it’s bad enough that I’m admitting I’m over 50, let’s not discuss how long ago it was).    I knew that I was going to be healthy and that I would eat right, exercise.    Nope.  Well the physical was okay, there were some things to watch but no suggestions to do better and I haven’t done much on my own.

I  know that I want to be the 85 year old grandma who can join the Peace Corps and go  to China, or South America or anywhere, and volunteer my time and skill for a year if I want.   My age would not be a detriment.   I want to be the fun grandma who gets down on the floor and plays with the kids.  

 I’ve now thought about the past few years that I’ve “piddled away” and that is going to change.    I have plans.   I have goals.
 If  I don't do it now, then when?  

No comments: