Monday, January 7, 2013

Changing Habits


I’m not going to go on a diet this year.   At.  All.  I am, however, going to be sure that I eat better and exercise more.    Those are easy.    I have already gotten past the “must eat chocolate” phase of life.   Especially in the afternoon.    I finally realized that my candy in the afternoon want was merely a habit and half the time, I wasn’t even hungry.    My headbrain just said “it’s 2:00, go get candy”.     I think that was mostly a work habit because the office was closed for almost two weeks and the entire time I was home, with a dish of chocolate in the dining room I  rarely  indulged .
Good Thing #1  -  beat candy habit!  

This by no means is any statement that I’ve given up candy and chocolate, it just means that I will no longer mindlessly eat it.     A few years ago I broke the ice cream after dinner habit.   Hmmm, I seem to have survived, it helped keep the weight down and now when I have ice cream I truly enjoy it.

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Do you think your "headbrain" would mind sitting down to talk with my headbrain? That 2pm candy habit is my downfall...
But seriously, go you!