Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Accomplishment

Happy New Year to All!    The first day of the new year went very well.   I did a little bit of a few things, and not a lot of others.   I wonder if it is true that what you do on the first day of the new year is what you will continue to do throughout the year.   I'll have to try and remember to go back to this list and check it out in a few months.

TinkerSon arrived about midnight he was out with friends and not having a good time, so wisely called his dad to come get him.    I like that my kids know that whenthey are out and shouldn't drive, they feel free to call home for a ride.   Of course, we make them come to OUR home because if you're hauling my ass out of bed in the middle of the night, you don't get to sleep in your own bed, you can sleep in your own old room/guest/storage room.    Or the sofa.  Or once, the bathroom floor.  And I did toss a few towels in the door for you.   I was up early, got the kitchen straightened, knitted, and then we started cleaning the basement.    In less than two hours we had three bags at the curb for trash day, we had taken three loads of items to my truck - they will be dropped off at goodwill this morning, and had consolidated and otherwise straightened the area.   I have a plan for the room, I can't believe how happy I was to walk into the room last night, see what still needed to be done and smiled anyway because it isn't a deep pit of junk anymore.    

Of course, TinkerSon is bringing home his giant tool box in a week to store it, but there you go.    The flip side of that is that he is doing so because he starts a new job in two weeks.    A job with enough hours in the week that he will actually make money.  He won't know how to behave.   He has to go to the company headquarters for three weeks of training.    Their offices are about 60 miles from home.   It is such a nice company that they are having someone pick him up on his first day of work, take him to the company office and then they are giving him a company car to commute in for those three weeks of training.   WIth a company gas card.   Wow.    He will get a permanent company car when they cut him loose so he was prepared for that.   Now he is extra excited that he won't be driving his gas guzzler truck for three weeks. 

Today is my last day off from work.  I have several things planned, nothing earth shattering, but minor stuff, like visiting goodwill.  I'll also grab some paint samples because I've got a room or two to paint in the next 30 days hahahahahaha.    

No comments: