Sunday, June 13, 2010

Reflexology

I'm a firm believer that doctors are good for emergency and bad things, but one should try the heal thyself method first.   Eat well, exercise, go back to some of the remedies our granparents used.  I don't run to the doctor everytime I sneeze - didn't take the kids either.   Which drove my husband crazy since his mother raised him to be a hyprochondriac and everytime someone sneezed he wanted to take them to the hospital for a blood test.   I could never figure out what he thought that would accomplish, and I ignored him.   Everyone is fine.  HA!

So anyway,  a few years ago I decided to try reflexology.  I was amazed.   Well the first time, it hurt.  A lot.   But then by the next day I noticed I didn't have my usual sinus headache.   So I looked on a foot chart.  Sure enough, the places that hurt the most were sinus areas.    I was hooked.  I go about once a month, just for 30 minutes and by the time I tip the guy cuz he's good, it costs me less than $40.    Over the years, it has improved my aches and pains, I headaches are almost a thing of the past, I can still tell when the weather is changing, but the pain is way less severe.   Yesterday he found my tennis elbow and worked on that a bit.  Bless him.    And my massage yesterday was awsome, I've been so relaxed and at peace that for the first time in a long time, the entire 30 minutes felt great.   There was just one spot that he worked on, so of course I came home to check it out, becuase I always want to know what he has found that  is out of whack.   Hmmmm thyroid and esphoagus area.    Now I guess I'll have to do some resarch and find out what I'm not eating correctly.

That's my next goal for the summer (since I've finally gone back to work) and that is eating better.  Much better.    I even bought  a juicer.   It is kinda a pain to use though, but that could be because I'm not real familiar with it yet.    In time.   Now off to do some food research!

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Interesting. . .I will have to look into this. . .