Thursday, June 17, 2010

Random Stuff

Crazy Aunt Purl got me thinking about movies.   Apparently she walked out on Sex in the City 2 after 10 minutes.   Since that's not a movie I would ever go see I can understand that quite well I didn't see the original shows until they made it to non-cable tv.  I thought they were pretty stupid, but then I find most tv shows pretty stupid anymore.   What the heck these directors, producers and advitisers are thinking I'll never know, any why they think most of those shows are appropriate just goes to show why the rest of the world thinks Americans are shelfesh overindulged idiots.  There are only two shows I watch with any regularity . . . the big bang theory and NCIS.   Oh yeah, and when I remember there are some cooking shows and a knitting show on PBS at really odd hours.   The rest of the time?  that's why I have an Ipod (which right now won't communicate with my computer so I'm pretty anoyed with it).   And old movies.   Not last year old, but O L D.   Black and White.   Bogart, Grant, Sinatra kind of old.   They are predictable, sometimes hokey and non assulting of your senses.   To be honest, I like Indiana Jones too.

I finally started a new job last week.   Today was my one week anniversary.   It is going pretty slow, but I have high hopes once I figure everything out.   and then there is the "special" training needed for two computer programs.   "They are going to schedule you for that".   Yeah.  well, it'd better be soon.   But on the other hand, I'm picking up things slowly and retaining theinformation so that's a good thing.   Best thing is it is 3 miles from my home and with traffic like it is here that's a huge bonus.    I even accepted the job without knowing how much I was going to make - that made my husband's head spin.  but I pointed out, it will  be more than I'm making now (didn't work for 8 months) and it's close to home.  I could walk if I wanted to.   And I get benefits and retirement.   Now I just have to stay 15 years.   Maybe 20.  

Yipee

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

I love the old, old movies, too. My family doesn't get it, and I don't get much "alne" TV time, so I don't indulge often, but I looovvvee them!!!