Tuesday, June 15, 2010

National Lobster Day

Well, don't care for it myself, by go forth and enjoy!   My parents, husband and daughter love it, my boys like me not so much.  

Sunday morning DD and I were taking our walk to the lake 5 miles from front door to lake and back and our time is getting better.    Usually in the woods we see some black birds, geese, and dogs being walked.   Once we saw deer crossing the path aboug 50 yards ahead of us and on rare occasions a turtle.   Oh yeah, once we found a teeny tiny frog in the path, we scooted him over to the side cuz if he hadn't moved we would a squished him without even realizing it.

On the this morning we saw . . .  a deer having breakfast not far off the path, a blue heron just standing on a rock near in the middle of the creek and then on our way home about 30 feet off the path two wood peckers on a fallen log.    I've never been able to get that close and they were amazing.  Of course as soon as I pulled out the camera phone, they took off, guess they're camera shy.  Usually we walk in the evening.   Guess we need to figure out how to walk early in the morning.   

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

I love the account of your morning walk! My daily wildlife sightings usually consist of geese. =/