Monday, February 15, 2010

So, everyone is over with the snow.  It is beautiful, well except on the sides of the road where is is all black and icky looking.   but for the most part, while I'd be glad to see more, I'm done complaining about bad drivers, incompetent snow plow operators, oops.   said I'd stop.  sorry

SO, I didn't sign up for any ravelry olympic conteste (too much pressure) but I did promise my sister I'd participate anyway.   I've finished some fingerless gloves.  and I started my first ever pair of toe up socks.   Pattern by Wendy D. Johnson.   Two at a time but on two needles not one giangantious needle.   Don't think I'll get them done in a week, but I've got a lot of other projects to start too.   



YLS was having sale today, so I got the yarn to make baby hats for a friend of mine, and then I bought a shawl pattern and of course the yarn to make it.   One good size shawl, one skein sock yarn.   Plus I started on some mittens for me, because I need to make for me.   Ordered some yarn for the throw my son's team leader wants, arggggg

Jack and Stanley aren't speaking to me anymore becuase they can't go out  (see snow above).  They also aren't eating as much, so maybe this will be the winter Jack finally slims down a bit.   He can hear a can open, or smell fresh chicken from across the house when he's fast asleep.  It is amazing.

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

I feel you on the stress of the Ravelympics. . .I was going to have 2 events, but pared it down to one - learning to spin. Have I started? Of course not. But I am hopeful that I will pick up that spindle soon. Silly Pretty!

And yeah, the snow is pretty. Wish it didn't hamper the day-today travel so much...argh!