Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow, Snow and More Snow

Okay, if you don't live in the mid-atlantic and are from the north or mid west you don't care about snow.  You know snow.  You laugh in the face of snow.   Here, we don't get that much.   The genral population panics at the mere word and mayhem immediately reigns.   So, the Federal Government was closed today, day off from one job, but not the other which is cool.   It looks like they are closed again tomorrow, but that is because the subway trains that run above ground won't.   So really how can people get to work in the "City"?   Drive?  yeah, well even on a good day that's a bad idea.   and there won't be much street parking becuase of snow.  the garages will fill fast, it would be a nightmare.   But I've sent my piece to the boss and said if they want me I'm there.  afterall I have a husband to decided to retire last month.   He can drive me.

The cats just aren't getting it though.   No outside for them.  they are NOT happy campers.   But my sister let her cat out yesterday, he was gone most of the day.   finally her son stood outside and called Max for about half an hour and he finally showed up.  half frozen.  His little feet were almost red from cold.    I'm wondering if he got lost and couldn't figure out how to get home with everything being white.   and I'd imagine the smell is really different too.   I told the Jack and Stanley  maybe April. 

here's the neighbor's tree down the street, beautiful picture even with my crappy little point n shoot.
from my driveway.   on the left is the sidewalk my son cleared with the snow blower.   on the right is the gutter in front of our house.   we learned 25 years ago, when it snows, if you don't keep in clean down the the sewer drain, the ice backs up the entire street and into our driveway.   I've already slipped on the ice once this year.   I'd rather not do it again.   plus it looks cool.

the view from my back porch.   the tractor man is a flag on a stick kind of thing.  when the wind blows, his wheels turn.   it is about 3 feet off the ground.

No comments: