Friday, February 5, 2010

Snow

We're getting a lot of it.   You'd think people had never seen snow before.   And yes, I am well aware that this part of the world doesn't get that much too often, and that people can't drive in 1 inch of it let along 2 feet but really.   I've turned off the television.   I can look outside and see what it is doing thankyouverymuch.

So, I've been working on a sweater that I'm not thrilled with, thinking about just tossing it aside and starting/finishing something else.  and oops, forgot to take the meat out for chili, better do that one!

Snow blower is gassed up, trucks are gassed up, and oh do we have food (and wine)   and this morning before the snow started we stopped at the store for powdered milk and right there at the door, staring me in the face was the best sale on TP I've seen in a long time.  I looked at hubby and said, I know.  we don't need it.   It would be embarrasing to buy today.   I can not pass up this price.   I only bought one but I did vow to go back tuesday (when we're suppose to get more snow) and buy 4 more giant packs.   At least it doesn't rot unless wet.

And now people are talking about loosing power.  I hadn't though of that.  I have lots of food, but most of it needs to be cooked.   Well, will cross that bridge when it happens I guess.  

The "boys" went outside this morning at 7 and when the first flakes started falling around 10 they were back in for the day.   No outside tomorrow either.  



No comments: