Sunday, January 10, 2010

Swatch 1

read the directions.  several times.   reviewed all the questions so as to not be too surprised.  twice.  cast on.  and did the first bit before having to switch up.   twice.  wondering why I ever thought I knew how to knit.   How arregant of me.  pressing on anyway, if nothing else, after I've done the first three and written my questions/answers out.   I can go back and re-do them, right?    The only comfort I've taken so far is that I'm not the only one questioning my ability to knit.

But must now put that down, as I have irresponsibly and ill-advisedly (huh?) joined two swaps.   Both are due in 6 weeks.   Both require a hand knitted/made item to be enclosed.   I've also got to finish a sweater and start another one, because I also ill-advisedly joined a group whose goal is to knit a sweater a month.  I LOVE sweaters.   I wear them as soon as the temperature reaches 65 F and below.   Often with long johns under them . . . did I mention the hate to be cold part of me?   The one that the hot flashes and night sweats don't seem to affect?   So, must gather some knitting itemages and get ready for the crappy day job I've taken for the next few months.    ugh.  

No comments: