Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Life's Petty Observation for the day

I'm working in an office like so many offices in the world.   The building is fairly big, the particular office medium to small in size.    There are several floors, each floor has it's own mini kitchenette.  Sink, refrigerator, microwave, little oven thingy, hot and cold water despenser on the counter, dishwasher.

And 6 coffee pots in various sizes.

Six.    I think there are probably only 25 people working on this floor.   So I pondered.   Then came to discover that if you want coffee, you must bring your own coffee pot.  Apparently no one got the memo about cleaining your own coffee pot because even if they were community property I wouldn't touch one without industrial gloves on.   There are also no extra cups.  No ceramic or disposable.   There is no flatware either.  So if you bring your frozen lunch of choice and forget a fork, your sol. 

How can it be that people have become so territorial and petty that they can't share a coffee pot.    I suppose the worse ones are those that have the coffee maker in their office, but then again, they don't have to walk as far . . .  maybe my desk needs one?

No comments: