Sunday, November 1, 2009

Yard work



I got up bright and early to rake leaves. I figured just the front today, we bought a new "toy/tool" friday night. Fancy schmancy yard vacuum thingy looks like a lawnmower. I was assured that it got good reviews on research . . . and the people who didn't like it just didn't know how to use it. huh? While I take people's comments about products with a grain of salt becausey, well yeah, sometimes they don't know how to use something properly, or as in my HD case, I know how it should work, don't tell me to read directions . . . . hrumph

So off I went. The wonder of yarn maintenance is crap. Oh, is sucked up the leaves well enough and I was pleased with that portion, but whoever designed the bag was a moron. It took three people to dump the bag into a bag. Well, yes if I'd gone out and bought some rolling dumpsters, it would have been easier to dump by one person, but I didn't. I shouldn't have to. I said no. This isn't going to work, take it back.

I finished raking the entire front yard by myself in about an hour. Yeah, lots of bending and dragging bags of wet leaves. Forgot to meniton the rain huh? But it was done. Next weekend I'll tackle the back, with my trusty giant rake, and be done in a couple of hours.

No comments: