Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Art of Positive Thinking

I've been doing a lot of that lately. my 'tude has improved about a million percent in 5 days and things are looking up. Since I've decided to become self supporting - and that lead to a few sleepless nights, I've put feelers out for clients and gotten a few, I've ordered about all the stuff I need to work from home, and then I got scared and signed up at not one but two temp agencies to try and get a little outside income once or twice a week until I'm completely up and running.

Of course, this week was to be dedicated to getting set up, meeting with school counselors and just plain decompressing. But I got a call last night, can you work thursday and friday? of course I can. Oh, and they will want you next week too, probably, is that okay? Well of course. Now I'm scrambling and nervous and annoyed that I have to take both the bus and subway into town tomorrow in the rain, but there you go. The pay rate is better than I expected and whats a little rain?

I'll tell you. Today is nasty, I've been glad I could stay home, except I had to go to the market becuase I didn't go this weekend. And WHAT is with these women in the market in the middle of a rainy day? In the past I refused to step into the doors of a market on the weekends unless it was between 6 - 8:30 a.m. on Sunday. There are few people, no screaming badly behaived children and you aren't getting run over by impatient rude shoppers. Sundays are a wonderful time to shop. I found out Target that that time is good too.

So I'm thinking, meh, it is raining and cold, it is the middle of the week in the middle of the day so how bad can it be? HA! Well, I will say it wasn't crowded, but really women and yes it was women, old women (my age) not elderly I can make a lot of exceptions for women. Two tried to run me over, one kept coming at me head on no matter what isle I switched to. ack. they didn't even have children with them. Oh, maybe those little brats playing tag and hide-n-seek simultaneously were theirs.

So I'm back to my orignal plan. If anyone in this house wants food it had better be on my list by the time I leave sunday at sunrise. Or you can go to the stinkin store yourself!

No comments: