Monday, July 27, 2009

Trolls and Bullies

Well, I haven't figured out what title to use yet but I feel compeled to write something about the Yarn Harlot and recent developments - and man just the hateful nature of some people. While all her fans are supporting her 1 million percent and I am one of them, it just floors me about how mean people can be. We'll not go into the curiosity factor that some of us have not been able to reign in even though YH asked us to . . . human nature and all that. And those of us blogging about it are not honoring her request either. But then that is what freedom of speech is all about isn't it? Religion has no real place here either. I believe that the panopticon wrote a wonderful blog about his experience with religion and a train ride a few months ago. LOVED IT. And really ladies/gentlemenn, let's not bicker amongst ourselves - really.

I haven't gotten on the troll's website, and will try very hard not to. She is still JUST a bully. That means she can and will eventually go away because her needs at some point will not be met. She will move on to someone else and we should all be prepared to be her next victim. How do people get the idea that it is okay to attack another person? Bullies baffle me. They will be the first to hide behing the bible, the Cnstitution and their right of free speech. They are also the ones who hate war/soldiers/government etc. They are allowed to go on their merry way and I certainly don't know the answer on how to deal with them.

But I do know that that it is much easier to be kind and to take the high road. Not the snotty, stuck up high road. But the belief that rising above any kind of personal atacker is the better way to go and the belief that what goes around comes around. In this light I tend to igore the items/people who I can't agree with or events that I just plain don't want to know about. Except for the very personal nature of this woman's belief/attack, she is not much different from the agressive driver or the person in line and the market who keeps shoving her basket into the back of your foot because you aren't moving fast enough for him/her. But that is a rant for another day.

So, lets all move on. Go back to the happier days of last week. There is a sock summitt to prepare for (of which I'm not going becuase I really don't like making socks) so I didn't even sign up, but if I lived closer I'd go shop :) and let the sun shine once more.

I will continue to read comments in Ravelry and on the Harlot's blog becuase I'll admit I'm curious, and I will try very hard to refrain from mentioning said troll an future blogs. Which won't be too difficult becuase obviously I don't post so often. This too shall pass

Stepping off my own soap box now.

No comments: