Monday, July 6, 2009


I spent a lazy weekend piddling around the house, being sad that my boy is far away, but proud that he is serving his country, and finally getting around to cleaning and recovering the dining room chairs. Okay only 2 because I am doing them one at a time, and doing other things in between. This may take the entire month of July to finish. I also washed the curtains in my bedroom, took the extra big quilt to the laundrymat to wash and dry in the big machine and caught all the dust bunnies under my bed (but there won't be pictures of that)!


I found out how much my cats really hate 4th of July and the noise. For the first time in 24 years, we did not do fireworks at our house. In the past about 4 families and various miscellaneous friends (and even a few years the cops) have gathered in our front yard for a celebration, everyone bring pretty things. Now the neighbor kids (and mine) have grown, moved on and there is a new generation of neighbors. It is fun to see the little ones running around, or being pushed in strollers, so it is time to pass the batton so to speak. I noticed the family next door had a group so let it be their turn. I will continue to watch from my window for a few minutes, then go to bed at a decent hour. I believe it usually took us 3-4 hours to get through all the fireworks.


No comments: