Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012

January 1, 2012 and the possibilities are endless.   I spent yesterday getting last minute things done, like laundry and such, because those things won't get done today.   Today is a day for doing what you plan to do for the rest of the year, and scrubbing toilets and washing clothes isn't on top of the  list.    Although ripping out 20 rows of a cable sweatervest wasn't exactly on my list either at 6 am, but there you go.   That is what I get for patting myself on the back and thinking I could  possibly be done with this by Monday night.   Nope.   And why did I forget life lines?   I know better than that.   oh well.   I will spin and knit today, eat the requisite black eyed peas that I'm putting in a soup.   I have swept the porch this morning already and we are good to go.  

Here is my last frivolous purchase of 2011 purchased from an antique store in Fredericksburg, where I met my sister of an end of the year tea luncheon.  And oh my that place is yummy!


I haven't mastered links yet, but we shall try.   www.pinkadillytea.com/
I was first there this summer with a group of knitters and while can't get there often, since it isn't in my town, but will definately make this a place to go to.    We also visited a new yarn shop that just opened up there.  Old Towne Yarnery.    Nice little shop, she has a nice stock started, and while I hadn't planned to buy anything.  Alas I did.   No shocker there really.    But I'm determined to knit down on my stash and spin up my fiber this first quarter.   But only so I can justify big purchases at Maryland Sheep & Wool in May.  

So today while at my wheel, I will reflect on things of importance, and yes, even some things that are not important and fling them.  Because I can.

Have a peaceful and blessed day.

No comments: