Wednesday, August 3, 2011

National Watermelon Day!

What a most excellent day. Too bad they didn't coordinate this day with National Night Out. Did anyone do that last night? I didn't but then I don't usually participate in neighborhood events, although I will go watch the neighborhood parade on the 4th of July.

And why would you plan a block party event like this without making it something like the first Saturday or Sunday in August instead of a specific day? The idea is good, but a heck of a lot of people work and aren't likely to take time off early from work (or at all) just to attend a block party. Are they?

Last night I went apartment shopping with TinkerSon. It was a quite nice place, sales pitch wasn't too heavy, but a little, although the woman was nice enough. He has been tasked with looking at the apartments, because prospective roommate works crazy hours, and then will be gone this weekend. So RM is finding places and TinkerSon is checking them out. I did metion that RM is going to have to come see before signing the lease. Part of me wants to point out that he has been asked to vacate his current premises by August 31st. That doesn't leave him a lot of time to find a place and get moved. And TinkerSon can be nice to a fault sometimes. Other times I definately see where he got the worst traits of both his dad and me.

Oh yeah, then TinkerSon said, if his current landlord won't let him stay for a few extra days until we can move, can he stay here?

sure.

No comments: