Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How Do They Manage To Grow Up?

ring ring (my cell phone)

me: Hi honey
son: Mom? I got backed into by an escalade a little while ago and now
my neck is starting to hurt, do you think I should go to the doctor?
me: huh? did the police come?
son: No, it was here in the lot.
me: were you driving a customer's car (thinking OMG this is gonna
be expensive)
son: No mom, I was walking.
me: I'm sorry? Your were walking????? He ran you over?
Did you fall???????????????????
son: no, but almost
me: could not talk for the banging of the head against the desk


Two hours later and neck/back x-rays and a prescription for extra strength motrin, and a check of his kidneys since that is apparently where the biggest impact was, he is off for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Oh, Tinker! Glad he is ok. . .silly boys and their understatements!