Thursday, August 11, 2011

Home

Well, my return home wasn't quite as dramatic as my departure. Mostly because I didn't have to get up at 3 in the morning and while I still had a long drive to airport, it was in the afternoon, but WHAT was up with traffic in Charlotte? On a Tuesday? Ah well, because my mom stresses about missing airplanes, I had more than enough time, which was good because TSA seemed to be running a bit behind too. Maybe it is "summer" travelers and I fly more often during the school year.

But I needed dinner. After looking at all the mayo laden, soggy bread, greasy spoon places, and the $6 beer, I settled on a container of carrots, celery and cheese chunks. And then I broke my self imposed rule and bought a coke instead of water because the coke was cheaper. How wrong it that? But carrots and cheese (and only some of the celery) absolutely hit the spot and was only $4, fresh and yummy. Next time I'll have to remember to pack my own so that I can afford the water - becuse I always seem to forget to grab an empty bottle to carry though security and then fill up.

On time flight, yay! No storms in our area, double yay! Construction on the beltway not so yay but at least we didn't have to stop for long periods of time and I was home by 11. I'm a morning person, I go to bed around 9. This wasn't going to bode well for my Wednesday,

But I walked in the door of my house relaxed and happy. The kitchen was clean - tripple yay! And although the floor looked more like it belonged in the barn, the counters and sink was shiny, there were clean towels for my shower, and food in the fridge.

And Jack didn't shun me. This time I remembered to tell him bye I'll see you in a few days. I read somewhere you need to tell your pets good bye when you're leaving them for a few days so they don't get mad at you.

Well, he could be mad at me, that's okay, he usually gets over it, and there were two humans to cater to his every whim, but alas. He got after some roving on Tuesday, so I guess next time I need to tell him I'll see you Wednesday and then when I come home Tuesday it will be a bonus.

Now I just have to unpack.

No comments: