Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Good Question Indeed

Who exactly DID piss off Mother Nature? Earthquakes in Virginia. No, not unheard of but truly not very common. I'd guess they aren't common in Colorado either. Hurricane this weekend.

I’m not discounting the earthquake of Tuesday, I’ll be the first to admit it was scary, I was in a less than sturdy building, and while I had to pretend to be calm, cool and collected, and responsible, because that is my job, I was pretty freaked inside. Worried about the house and kitties, couldn’t leave campus because it is rather what I get paid for, taking care of the buildings and operations. My leaving right then would rather be like a fireman leaving the scene of a fire in case maybe his house was burning.

Then I sadly told myself no tv for you this week. Why you might ask? Well, I’ll tell you. Guaranteed that every news person who can find a camera crew and sound guy will be out on the street interviewing people. And I quite frankly can’t listed to “I was so a’scared, I didn’t know what was happening!” “I was in my kitchen and the whole house started moving, I was just sure to all goodness that the roof was going to fall on my head”. “That was the worst experience in my life!” And I’m 8. And on, and on, and on. Yes, it would be fair to say that every one was a little shook up (haha), however why oh why do they have to find every a’scared person on the planet? And then play the same thing over and over and over. Go talk to the officers on the street, the rescue crews, the power crews, the building inspectors who could actually provide useful information to some. Oh wait, that isn’t news.

It is horrible about the buildings that are damaged. No doubt about it, but the problem with news on the street live, right now, as it is happening, is that they start speculating. Oh, they don’t tell you they are speculating, but we all know that once it is said then it becomes “the truth”.

Now we’re waiting for the hurricane. Yesterday it was sorta bad, last night maybe bad, this morning not so much, tonight huge. So my dilemma is, do I hit the market in the morning on the way to work for wine and snacks, or wait until tomorrow night. Storm is suppose to hit sometime Saturday night. Ain’t no way on this green earth I’m going to the market on Saturday morning, and while I don’t mind waiting until it blows over, I need my snacks. And if it doesn’t stop raining by Sunday night, then I have to shop in the rain and quite frankly I hate lugging groceries in the rain. I know, I’m a princess.

So my weekend plans are to eat, knit, have movie marathons, do homework and watch the weather. I’ll probably be cleaning up the yard on Sunday.

And please, who did piss of Mother Nature? C’mon, you can fess up.

No comments: