Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!

In a very un-patriotic manner I am not attending any fireworks shows tonight, I didn’t host a huge back yard party and in fact, I went yarn shopping. I did attend the neighborhood parade, which was, once again, a success. Mostly because it is geared towards the kids in the neighborhood who get to walk, ride bikes or be pulled in wagons by their parents. I will probably look out the window tonight though when the neighbors put on a street show for the kiddies. Like we use to do. Four families, about 10 kids and hundreds of thousands of fireworks. In the street, every year we were raided by the cops. It was a blast!

I also met the new neighbors quite by accident. TinkerDaughter and I were following the parade because TinkerSon always drives the tractor (1957 International Harvester H Series) in the parade. The family in front of us said to each other, where are we going? I responded, to the park! They said we didn’t know, we just moved in. Oh! You’re my new neighbors. (I saw them moving in on Saturday). So then we introduced ourselves and TinkerSon and Mr. Tinkerpro came back up the street and we just blocked traffic and chattted. Because that is what a neighborhood is all about. You meet new people and block traffic on a lazy holiday.

Jack and Stanley are not enjoying the 4th of July.

Jack is annoyed because he can’t go out tonight.




Stanley just doesn’t like the noise

No comments: