Sunday, November 6, 2011

Awkward

TinkerDaughter got flowers on Thursday afternoon. I thought it was nice for the new guy in her life to send her flowers. Red carnations and tea roses. She was most pleased, and went to school that night with a smile on her face.    She sent a message to new guy “thanks for the delivery”. His response was “huh”? Oh oh.
She called him, “didn’t you send me flowers today?” He said “No, why would I do that?    Who sent you flowers?” She said,  I though you did, the card wasn’t signed.
So of course we all assumed (and you know what they say about that) it was the current guy in her life. He was not amused. But seems to have gotten over it. He also gets huge points because he asked what kind of flowers did she get, and she said red carnations and roses. And he said, well I would have sent you lilies because those are your favorite. I’m impressed, they have only been dating about 6 weeks and he knows her favorite flower?

Then she called the one guy from high school that she talks to a lot. He is stationed across the country and they have a good long-distance relationship.   Distance being the key to their friendship.   Apparently, he is being transferred back to this side of the country early next year and making noises about how she’s "his girl".

She asked if he had sent flowers and he said yep, did you like them? Wrong answer.

Reports from TinkerDaughter are that after she reamed him a new one for pulling a stupid stunt when he knew she was seeing someone by sending flowers without signing the card, was that she then informed him she was not now, nor would she ever be his girl. In fact, she would put a bullet in her head before she was his girl. He said that seemed a little harsh.

Her response was “no, harsh would be if I put the bullet in your head”.

That’s my girl. She not only didn’t fall far from the tree, but sometimes I think she’s morphed into me.

No comments: