Friday, March 5, 2010

Reflection and Change

It is the beginning of March and how exactly did THAT happen?   I like the idea of revisiting your "resolutions" from the beginning of the year, or whenever you set them, and I'm liking the idea even more of revisiting them every month just to be sure you're on track.

I'm not exactly on track, but I'm not off either.   The last several months have been a limbo state for me, where I'm trying to figure out what Iwant to do about employment and where I want to be in five years.     Rich and thin don't count as valid goals unfortunately.  So while I don't have a new "permanent" job, and the working for myself is great but as we all know, not exactly helping my bank account grow.   I am surviving and I really think I deserve more than that.  So, I'm applying for a full time, permanent job.   They fortunately want me, me?  well, I like them well enough and I'm smart enough to know that I'd be really stupid to pass this offer up, so now will start the application process.   It can take 60 days.  

Have signed up for school (again).  I'm in the process of purging the clutter out of my house, I'll be far enough along I hope by the this summer that I can really load up on credit hours and get this done finally.  I'm giving myself until Spring 2012 and I will be done.  Well, not done, because sometimes classes are just fun to take, but I'll have a piece of paper that says I've finally accomplished something besides taking a bunch of "fun" classes.

I've got lots of knitting that needs to be done and little time in which to do it.   I have two hats to make, one is half done and one row actually took me 3 hours to do!  three hours.  one row of 88 stitches.  to be fair it has bobble type thingys on it, but still.   NOT feeling the love.   Must get crackin.  Once it is done, there is another slightly larger one needing attention.    Then I've got Hagar's Throw.   Started it, but made it probably bigger than I should have so it is going to take longer than I want.   That baby due in June needs to be late at this point.   And in two weekends I'm going on a mini spinning retreat in WV with my sis and a few friends.   Will connect with spinners and knitters who hopefully live closer to home.   The retreat we usually go on every year is in NC and gets people from as far away as Michigan and Florida.   Its fun and great to meet new people, but I'm ready for some closer to home fiber friends.   Makes it easier to stay in touch.

Gotta run, can't take the bus to the Pentagon this morning becuase of some dumbass, so must hop a ride to the closest metro station, ugh.

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Time flies so fast, no? It's crazy! Glad to see you!