Friday, September 26, 2008

Ripping Out

After weeks of trying to talk myself into it. last night I started ripping out the hanna sweater I've been working on and off on for the past year. I should have neve let it go on that far, I should have ripped back after the first major misstake I told myself I could go back and fix later - like this is a computer program? this summeer I needed a project to carry on a trip and thought oh, I'll work on a sleeve. that way at least one will be done, I can work on the other one later and then will only have the body to finish. Got 2/3 done with the first sleeve and saw HUGE error at cuff. 2 inches of HUGE error. stared at it for a day, then riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip. Ive started it over, and want to work on it some this weekend while it is rainy and the begininings of fall weather. The of couse, I started working on the sleeve of another sweater last night becuase it is on us10's (and the hanna is on us 2s), so of course I'll get the new one done quick fast and in a hurry and can justify just about anything if I put my mind to it.

Some profound person has said (and I'm sure more than one has said it) you get to enjoy your knitting more if you rip it back and do it again. extends the joy of working with a wonderful yarn.

I'd get more enjoyment out of actualy wearing a sweater I've finished because already I'm cold. And let's not even go to the drawer with a sweater done but not sewn together yet.

No comments: