Thursday, March 21, 2013

Found It!

Two weekends ago, I took a mini vacation to Chincoteague for a knitters retreat.    It was a small group of 20 women, lots of laughing and relaxing.   Learned about gauge.   Oh, I know gauge, I know you are suppose to swatch and block and adjust and not just dig right in when you're knitting.   Especially a sweater.   But I do it anyway.    I now have a little better appreciation of gauge, and will try to do it more often.

Several years ago when I started going on these excursions by myself I opted to not try and find a roommate and just suck it up and pay the extra money to have a room to myself.    It is lovely.    I'm not particularly messy, especially when staying in a hotel, but it is SO nice to know when I open the door the room is my room.    I travel with my laptop, knitting and kindle.    I take the kindle because I often eat breakfast alone.   In the morning, I want coffee and quiet.    Conversation can happen later - about half a pot later.   I'll confess that I travel with my own coffee maker and coffee too.    Okay, some people take cookies and candy, I take coffee and tea.    Oh, and wine.   But that's another story.

I came home sick, had to work anyway, tried to get caught up on all the housework I didn't do the last 8 weeks while I took a class.   Also another long story.   Tonight, I decided to sit down with my kindle and catch up on reading.   oh, oh.   It wasn't where it belonged.    It wasn't in my suitcase which only had a shawl and flashlight in it.   It wasn't in any of the knitting bags I took and/or came home with.   It wasn't on my desk.   It wasn't in my knitting room.   It wasn't anywhere.

Did I leave it at the hotel?   After 10 days would they even admit it if they had it?   How was I going to explain to TinkerSpouse that I lost his Christmas present to me?   So, I combed my room, the dining room, the kitchen, my truck, the knitting room, my desk.   Finally I dumped my main knitting bag.   Apparently when you look four times in a knitting bag, your kindle will magically appear.

phew

No comments: