Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Begining Again

Well, I had grand plans in January.   I was going to start writing the blog again, every day.   And it would be happy news only.   Right.

Well, then I got a wild hair and decided that there was no reason not to take the last class I thought I needed to get my degree.   It remains to be seen if I need one or two more classes, once I get my grade from this one, I'll go find out if the rest of my credits are still good.   So while I was on that roll, I decided that instead of going to one class a night for 16 weeks, I would take the condensed 8 week class.   On line.   Easy Peasy.   No going in out in the winter, no sitting for three hours in a room with possibly sick people,   I COULD DO THIS!

Well, yes.  I could, and I did.  It was pretty horrible.  They syllabus suggested about 12-15 hours worth of work per week.   Hmmm.    Some of the reading was hard to get through, I kept falling asleep.    The on-line quizzes were not difficult, and the assignments weren't bad either, except I was reading 3-4 chapters a week, taking 3-4 on-line quizzes per week, and submitting 3-5 papers.

After week three it was time for mid-term.  Really?    Oh, that really didn't go well.   I don't test well, and this was a lot of questions and essay questions at one time.   But I muddled through, passed the test.   Then came the group project.   With strangers.   Who I never see.   There were five of us.   One person never ever showed up, one person was good until we had to produce the first draft of our portion and then he sorta just disappeared.   The other girl in the group msut be young because her portion was pretty slim, and the day before the re-write ofour portion was due, she posted that she couldn't find some information, and could anyone else?    I did my part, did part of hers and then quit.   For two glorious days I didn't think about homework, tests, project papers or the final that was coming up in three days.  I did proof our paper after our teamleader got it pulled together. 

The final was strange, it was a basic summary of our group project paper and just was odd.   And that was it.   No true/false or multiple choice questions.    Just answer these five questions about your project.   We shall see.   Papers haven't been graded yet, we are to expect grades to be posted on the 17th.    I've got a good grade right now, so even if I bombed the final, I should come out with a passing grade.

Once I'm done with this degree, I'm only taking classes for fun.   

No comments: