Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Weekend


This is Stanley. Stanley likes ham. He doesn't like roast beef. He doesn't like chicken. He does like tuna on the rare occasion I give it to him. He wants ham, every night at 8:30. He is most insistent on it. If I ignore him, he will go find someone else to help him. If he could open the refrigerator he would. He will often go to someone else anyway just to see if they are on their toes in hopes of getting more. Do you know how expensive ham lunch meat is?
This weekend I:

- Raked the back yard, oh my the acorns are falling fast and furious this year, I guess to make up for being NONE last year. I liked last year's crop better.

- Mowed the front yard, and raked up acorns.

- Helped DH work on the car he is restoring. The one we bought for DD when she graduated high
school, then bought back from her a few years later when she and SIL bought a new car and
needed cash. Did you get that? I paid for the car once in 2002 and again in 2006.

- Helped DD refinish her spinning wheel, which I bought for a few years ago unfinished (because
I'm cheap and had just rebought a car I'd already paid for). She has stained her Ashford
Traveller a beautiful cherry - she will finish the job next weekend.

- Joined yet another ravelry swap because I get caught up on the moment and can't seem
to help myself

- Was enjoying Fidler on the Roof when work interrupted, now I'll have to rent it, ugh.

- Cleaned the gutters, acorns you know. Oh crap, just realized I forgot the garage. Guess what I'll be doing next weekend?

- Missed a call from my son in Iraq :( hope he can get to a phone tomorrow or the next day, I need my weekly conversations with him, even if it is only, love you lots, can't talk.






No comments: