Wednesday, June 24, 2009

May 30th

Well, I guess that's not so bad. Of course for someone who is trying to post more often that is really bad.

DD has successfully settled into her new home and last weekend got a kitty. Flynn is a 3 year old rescue kitty from the Fauquier SPCA. He has been there since early March and we don't know why but he is a friendly kitty (except when he is scared and uncertain and then he hides behind the bed) loves to be petted and brushed. And is very familiary with the concept of catnip. His new little brother Charlie gets to come home Friday. I don't know why they insist on neutering kittens so young, but there you go. And I must say that they are much more reasonable about pet adoption. The one reason we did NOT adopt our cat from our rather large area (went to three shelters) as well as the cat rescue league here is because you fill out an application with personal references then they come to your home for an inspection and interview to see if you are "qualified" to own a cat. huh? I told them that I wasn't required to be inspected and interviewed to have a baby and I certainly wasn't going to subject myself to some stranger deeming me "appropriate" to own a cat. Craigs list there I went.

Anyway, Fauquier has you fill out a form, pay your money, tell you that if for some reason things don't work out, please bring the kitty back to them. and then give you a free bag of kitty food along with your new family member and there you go. They were all very nice, the place was as nice as an animal shelter could be and I would recommend it to anyone.

pictures to follow

No comments: