Sunday, August 14, 2011

Overload

You know how you know that you need to get things done and then when you sit down to get to it, they all just fly straight out of your brain? Comeon, I know you know. Don't try to pretend Tinker is the only one in the world with this problem.

Things on the old homestead are achangin in the next few weeks. Good changes to be sure, but changes none the less. TinkerSon is moving into his own place. We're not sure if he is happy, sad or just conflicted about the decision. He has talked about it for quite some time, but always in the "next year" context. Then wham in less than two weeks it was I'm doing it, and apparently doing it now. It is good. He will take his stinky dirty clothes with him - big yeah on that one! Some furniture we don't want, haven't wanted for about the 7 years we've had it, but didn't quite know what to do with it. Give it away would be the logical answer, but something always stopped me.

He has in fact, gone through the entire house and tagged the items he would like to take. Except for my egg poacher which he at least asked for before packing, I'm glad to let him have at it.

So I decided last week while traveling that the next 12 months would be a good time to finally start getting my house back in order and taking it back so-to-speak. The first line item will be to walk through the entire house with a bucket of spackle and a putty knife and fix every ding, dang and hole in every wall in every room. To be fair, TinkerSon didn't make a lot of the holes, he is more for putting grimy fingerprints on the walls. Yes son, those are yours. You are the only one here anymore that can reach that high, and I can assure you that I am not the one reaching up to touch the ceiling just because I can.

So I sat at my desk this morning to start the list, think about what to eat next week and do homework.

Yeah. None of those things have happened yet and it's been over an hour. Intarsia has set in. Oops, I mean inertia. Oh wait, maybe I do mean intersia. Ya know, maybe I should just go finish my shawl. The shawl from my trip that has gone about the same way my last week has gone.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow!

Sing in peace this afternoon.

No comments: