Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sore

I have successfully don the Couch 2 5K program for two weeks in a row. Of course I repeated week 1 but that's okay. I did it and will start week 2 on Monday. I am sore from my butt to my knees, so I obviously need to stretch more.

Yesterday I had my first free session with a personal trainer trainee. The school I work at offers classes in personal training and they are forever looking for volunteer clients. I figured I had nothing to lose (except weight/inches - pun intended) and signed up.

The young man is obviously a little nervous, and young, but being old I don't care about too much anymore and just can't take life to seriously so it was good, I hope I made him feel a little better, and he seemed to get a grove towards the end of the hour. He measured and weighed. Oh. I am hanging my inches on the refrigerator and may never eat again. The weight wasn't so bad, about what I expected, a little more than I would like, but not a shocker. Those inches. So when he asked what I wanted out of this program, of course I said make the inches go away.

Cardio. Double ugh. I told him I'm working on the couch 2 5k program so I wasn't intereted in running any. No problem. Free weights, and plain, old fashion exercise. I was hoping for some more training on the weight machines, but I think I've got enough I can do that on my own.

I did, unfortunately, laugh out loud at him when he told me to do 12 sit ups. I manged them, not well or gracefully, and I came up less and less the last 4, but by gum I did it!

Today I ache. And while I was thinking a massage would be a good idea today I remembered I've got a nail appointment - so I'm off for pampering of fingers and toes and I may spend some extra time in that lovely lovely massage chair.

No comments: