Friday, May 28, 2010

Random Friday

Okay, so everyone does eyecandy friday, and I've thought about it but I don't have any eyecandy pictures for today . . . maybe tomorrow.

So, big storm last night.  I was happily asleep until thunder cracked right over my head.   Then the lights went out.  s'okay since it was about 11 and I'd been happily asleep, rolled over, was almost asleep again when the boys had to come tell me there was no power.  REALLY.  You're all adults well over the drinking age.  Is there some reason I need to know this?   Well, yes.   Apparently they took all the flashlights during the week when they were working on various vehicles (because you know vehciles need to be worked on at night, i nthe dark) and had neglected to return them to their rightful place.  So, did I have any more?  Why yes, as a matter of fact, I do have more.   And no.  You can't have any of them.  Go to bed.   Power came back on at 2 am.   How do I know?   Apparently the first thing they did when the lights went out was to turn the volume on the tv way up,.  Is the sound on the television somehow connected to the electric company and their circuits and the like?    I guess so they would know when the power was back on.   Not much sleep after that.

I volunteered inthe Knit and Crochet booth at TAPS today.   Wonderful organization and I freely admited that if my son had not already returned from Iraq I didn't think I'd be able to do it.   Check them out, make a donation.   If you live in the DC area, think about volunteering your time next year. 

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Have not heard of TAPS, will have to check them out. Your kids are funny. . .in the dark they are funny. . .because they were at your house and not mine Thursday night! I am sure they would have seemed much less funny at my house!