Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lazy Day

Got my fingers and toes done not that anyone cares, but it was a quite enjoyable hour and a half. LOVE those pedi chairs! Then met my sister half way between our two houses for a hot chocolate and some knitting time. Never had hot chocolate from starbucks, mostly because I refuse to pay for overpriced "names" but she bought so that was a bonus - thanks!

Then we went to a new to me yarn shop. they had some good stuff and I can definately see me shopping there often, even if it does take about 40 minutes to get to. I saw a great sweater/jacket thingly hanging from the ceiling and said to her, love that. Need to get the pattern. She asked, the owner said oh, we're doing a workshop on that in a few weeks. it is from the Kimono book. Well, wouldn't you know that I actually got that bookfor christmas from my sister? and wouldn't you also know that my mom saw it and kept it? Well, I said she could borrow it until I came back to visit . . . so I'm taking it back this weekend when I leave.

Now I'll have to buy more yarn, which I really hadn't planned on doing before Maryland Sheep and Wool. I've got some projects I'm trying to finish up. I'm going to a knitting retreat in NC in March and will have one sweater to start there and I don't know what else

No comments: