Saturday, July 20, 2013

Clumsy

Apparently walking is an art that I haven't quite mastered yet.   I fell Monday walking in a hallway.   No water, in fact the floors have a tile on them that is slip resistant.   Well, I can say that is probably true because my feet didn't slip out from under me, I just went down.   I got myself home, propped and iced my foot and felt sorry for myself.    Tuesday, because every male I ran into said "go to the doctor" I did.    Just in case and so they would stop.

I called the orthopedist we used for TInkerSon2 when he played sports.  He was there at least once a season, and whenever anyone else had a bone problem, we went there.     Apparently it has been so long since we have been to see this doctor, they deleted us from the system.   Which I guess is a good sign.   Right? 

Nothing broken, but you did sprain the top of your foot.   Super.   A broken bone means a cast of some sort, which means no pain for a few weeks, then you're better.   A sprain?   Yep.   Here's a boot to help with compression and immobilization,   Of course it fits inside your shoe.   No.   It doesn't unless said shoe is a flip flop.   Which was the shoe of choice anyway because my foot was so swollen none of my shoes fit anyway.   And it will feel better in 3-4 weeks.   Try not to move your toes.     When you tell your toes not to move, that is all they want to do.    They have minds of their own apparently.  


My bandage from drugstore makes it feel better than that expensive-ass boot, and my shoes fit again - yay

The worst part about this fall was that I was carrying my favorite mug.    It is a simple mug (I should name it Glen).    It keeps my hot beverages hot for over an hour if I remember to put the lid on it.    Just sitting around knitting or reading, it keeps my coffee hot until I'm ready for a refill.


I ordered a new one before I went to bed Monday night.    You'd think that if I love it so, I would have more than one.   I have lots of mugs, and I like them, this one wasn't cheap and I am.   But it came on Thursday, and is sitting in front of me right now with hot coffee.


Here is the best thing about this week.    The little boy is doing well.


1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

Oh, Tinker! So sorry about your foot! I feel your pain...like literally, I feel your pain. I am also very clumsy, and I have constant foot and ankle pains, and I do very weird things on my feet, on a regular basis. I hope you heal up quicker than the doctor expects...and I am glad that baby boy is doing well. :)