Monday, April 23, 2012

Beautification

This weekend was all abou me.   It was rainy and icky and I decided I hadn't had a all about me weekend in a long time.   So nails done, which I do regularly anyway, bought some new shoes, colored my hair, had a massage and got a new "doo"

I love the guy who cuts my hair.   The first time I walked into the salon, it was a step of faith when I sat down in the chair.   My hair was longish, thick and just blah.    When I started to tell him what I wanted he told me to be quiet, he knew what to do.    I closed my eyes and 40 minutes later was so glad I let him have at it.    About every 6 months or so he changes my look.    Yesterday I told him it was time to change and then he actually let me tell him what I didn't want.  we have a pact, he makes sure my cut is flattering and I don't have to take care of it other than regularly or irregulary as in my case, I get it trimmed up.   This morning I washed, wrapped my hair in a towel for a few minutes, then bent over and fluffed it up.    Thirty minutes later it is try and fantastic.    Oh, he did fuss at me a little because I color my own hair, and Saturday afternoon when I got rid of the roots I wasn't so careful, so the skin around my face was stained a little purble at the hair line.    He just frowned at me, I opened my eyes all big and then said, well it fades in a few days.    He went and got some magic stuff so now I don't have a purple frame around my face.   

1 comment:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

There's something so comforting about having a hair guy or gal that knows your hair (and habits) well...yay for you! Enjoy the new do!