Sunday, September 4, 2011

Miami Shawl

I don't normally make or wear shawls because they get caught on everything I walk by. But I was at a tea last month and someone had made the miami shawl and I really liked it. Of course I used my own method of knitting, i.e. patterns can be merely a suggestion, and why would I buy a specific yarn when I have so much in my stash.

I used the brooks farm Yarn I bought at MDSW two years ago for a sweater. Every stinkin time I cast on for a sweater, I didn't like the way the yarn was pooling. It worked just perfect for the shawl though, and I've got enough left I'm thinking hat, mittens and maybe a scarf . . . the possibilities are limitless. I used one skein and about an eighth of another so there's tons left.

done

taking a bath

blocking


fini



No comments: